Somewhere in the UK is a EuroMillions Lottery Jackpot Winner!
£109.9 million pounds!
That is an insane amount of money – just imagine the good you could do with that.
Now, whether you’re daydreaming of what you would do with the winnings or you were frantically searching for your ticket, I like you to consider this question.
Do you live with a mindset of scarcity or a mindset of abundance?
A scarcity mindset believes that there is only a certain amount available; things will run out, one person wins, and the other person loses.
An abundance mindset believes that there is, and always will be, plenty for everyone; endless options; lots of choices and always enough resources.
For a long time, I think I lived with a scarcity mindset. It kept me stuck for many years. I was afraid to take risks, afraid to give too much money away, worried about investing in my own development etc.
To move into a mindset of abundance, I did a few things which I hope may inspire you in some way: –
1) I always remember to be grateful for everything I currently have and the person I am today.
2) I focus on my inner dialogue, and I listen out for any scarcity language – and then I reframe it. I heard Tony Robbins recently say “I can’t ,becomes I must…”.
3) I took stock of every skill, knowledge and ability that I had and I started to fully appreciate these things.
4) When I started my business, I spoke to others doing the same thing as me. I was so surprised that there is such a feeling of “there’s plenty out there for everyone”. I am driven by wanting to help others, help people to find their real purpose & direction in life. With 7.9 billion people in the world – I think I can help a few!
5) I work with a partnership approach… in whatever conversations I have, I try to work as a thinking partner. We all get to win! I’m not in competition and I don’t have to achieve anything. I can’t lose.
Now back to that lottery dilemma… I heard recently Dean Graziosi say “money doesn’t bring you happiness… that’s because you haven’t given enough away yet!”.
BOOM, mike drop!
That’s a mindset of abundance.
There’s always enough of everything to go around.